- Extended Submission Deadline: May 7th, 2012
- Submission Deadline: April 23th, 2012
- Acceptance Notification: June 6th, 2012
- Camera Ready: June 25th, 2012
- Venue: November 20th, 2012
The WSN4ITS workshop aims at sharing theoretical, experimental and operational results in the development of wireless sensors for intelligent transport systems.
In particular, wireless sensors operating within or in relation with transportation systems are instrumental in the development of applications, including e.g., parking monitoring, real-time traffic information, routing, warning as well as decision-making aided transportation. The lesson learned constructing such applications is that transport systems are particularly exposed to environmental perturbations, unreliable wireless medium of communication, high mobility-driven instability. This poses extraordinary challenges to both the designers and the research community who attempt to provide sensor-enabled transportation systems as a first upon advanced urban, transport planning and smart cities.
Novel papers are invited from both academic and industrial research environments, describing original theoretical or empirical results, new technical, or in-depth user studies on a series of transport networks and sensor topics together towards smart cities, including but not limited to:
- Wireless sensors and actuators for enhanced transportation,
- Transport, space planning and optimization,
- Green and smart cities, multi-modal and green transportation,
- Parking monitoring and traffic handling,
- Simulation, real-world testbeds and commercial experiences,
- Wireless communication, routing, aggregating,
- Smart Phone and driver assistance.